Caffeine Clicks has consulted and assisted many local businesses in developing an online presence in their respective markets. Studies reveal that 80% of prospective customers, searching online, purchase their products and services locally. We also know that the search engines give priority to local companies within the SERPs (search engine result pages). That is why it is absolutely essential for new and established businesses, interested in developing local web traffic, to increase their presence online.
Although there are many online marketing tools available for business owners, many are confused on where to start or which ones are most effective for their specific needs. Fortunately, while each industry is unique, the fundamentals for local online marketing are essentially the same. We have created some simple steps, answering some common questions, which can help you begin to develop local traffic from a variety of online sources:
- Develop a marketing plan and budget. Identify your online competitors and study the content/keywords they are utilizing on their website and other online properties. Remember, data is directional. The more front end research you do, the more effective your initial online campaign will be.
- Create a website whose content and On-Page SEO focuses on the local markets and demographics you are interested in targeting. The site must clearly state your company’s intentions, offer high quality original content, a call to action and memorable, user friendly experience to it’s visitors. There’s is no substitute for developing useful content that is share worthy, this is the concept behind content and viral marketing.
- Set up Google Analytics and Webmasters Tools for your website in order to receive quantitative data from your incoming web traffic. Qualitative data helps you redevelop the site to better meet the needs of your visitors.
- Create social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus) for your company and begin to develop an audience of people whose interests are compatible to your products or services. Social media sites are great for building your brand and qualitative data. Qualitative data helps you improve your products or services.
- Place your business in credible local online directories and business listings. Be active in their communities and network.
- Seek out local blogs and forums who share your interests, develop relationships within those communities and contribute your expertise.
Again, we highlighted the fundamental steps business owners should consider when trying a to grow their presence online and develop local web traffic. As you can see, it can quite a bit of work but it is critical if you want want to build an effective internet marketing campaign that generates sales, leads or interest.
We understand not all business owners have the time to cover all these bases and effectively manage their day to day operations. In fact, the level of the competition in a specific industry/market dictates the amount of work needed to succeed, however, the benefits far out weigh the investment.
If you or your company are interested in learning about more ways to increase your online presence locally please call us at 786-368-3076. Personal meetings are available at your place of business for the following locations: Downtown Miami, Brickell, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, Little Havana, Shenandoah, Coconut Grove, South Miami and Kendall. Call us today and schedule an appointment.